AM PM Staffing is hiring an Information Technology Specialist for our client in St. James Parish.
Pay rate: DOE
Job Type: Full-time
JOB FUNCTION: The Information Technology (IT) Specialist is responsible for assisting the Computer Systems Administrator in maintaining the IT Department. The IT Department is responsible for system management including implementation of new electronic technology, network maintenance, security, resource monitoring, reporting, technology repairs, technology installations, software installation and support. The IT Specialist will also be required to assist any manager or vendor with all technology that supports. It is extremely important to the enterprise that the IT Department offer the highest reliability to all users. These users are defined as but not limited to all Parish Government, Sheriff’s Office, Assessor’s Office, Clerk of Court, County Agent and Fire Service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Information Technology Supervisor in the management and direction for the computer network, including the coordination and report of user and network activities
- Supports the end user with technical issues including but not limited to PC hardware maintenance/installation, software support, digital camera use and printing
- Train end users with use of new software and hardware
- Install and Terminate Network Cabling
- Conversant with managers with the future direction IT
- Purchasing of IT supplies and end user computers after approval is given by the Director or Information Technology Supervisor
- Works closely with end users requiring hardware/software upgrades or any other technology related issue
- Participates with vendors in the assessment, maintenance and repair of technology utilities in the IT Department.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education
- Any and all duties assigned by the Director
- This is an emergency essential, non-exempt position.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years experience in Information Technology
- Experience with Microsoft Servers, Active Directory, TCP/IP, network cable installation and termination, SQL Server and Exchange use
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- St. James Parish residents are preferred, but not required.