AMPM Services is looking to recruit a Groundskeeper worker in the St. Charles Parish area. Must have own transportation.
The job of Groundskeeper is done for the purpose/s of providing grounds maintenance services at assigned site/s; ensuring attractive and safe grounds area/s and athletic fields; protecting against erosion; performing a variety of special grounds maintenance operations; and maintaining grounds for assemblies, events and/or recreational activities.
- Applies pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers for the purpose of controlling insects and weeds and promoting plant growth in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists other maintenance personnel as assigned for the purpose of ensuring a safe, clean and orderly environment for staff and students.
- Cleans landscaped areas and related items (e.g. storm drains, fields, litter, etc.) for the purpose of preventing flooding and removing hazards.
- Maintains job related grounds keeping equipment for the purpose of ensuring for the availability of equipment in a safe operating condition.
- Operates grounds maintenance equipment (e.g. mower, tractor, fertilizer spreader, lawn roller, back hoe, delivery/dump truck, etc.) for the purpose of meeting the job duties and responsibilities.
- Plants a variety of landscaping materials (e.g. lawns, shrubbery, flowers, etc.) for the purpose of keeping the grounds attractive and protecting against erosion.
- Prepares grounds and athletic fields (e.g. fertilizes soil, courtyards, flower beds, chalk fields, paint striping, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate, attractive and safe areas for assemblies, recreational activities and/or athletic events.
- Requests materials, supplies, equipment, and/or support personnel for the purpose of completing assignments in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.