Full-time $11.41 / hour
AM PM Staffing is hiring for a Groundskeeper for a client in St. Charles Parish. Under general supervision, performs general maintenance and groundskeeping work around Parish building property for the Public Works Department. Employee is responsible for maintaining and performing some minor repairs related to the exterior appearance of the Parish buildings (i.e., Courthouse and Annex). Work involves general landscape maintenance such as mowing grass, weed eating, applying pesticides, etc.; installing regulatory street signs; and general custodial work. Employee is also responsible for assisting with issuing culvert permits; performing office personnel duties during times of absence; preparing purchase requests for supplies; assisting the Warehouse Clerk; cleaning culverts, catch basins and drainage ditches; and assisting with field surveys.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs general landscape maintenance such as mowing grass, weed eating, etc.; cuts lawn, applies fertilizer, trims sidewalks, weeds flower beds, plants trees, shrubs, grass, and flower; prunes trees and hedges.
- Inspects plants and trees for disease and applies pesticides.
- Cleans parking lots with street sweeper.
- Lock and unlock building. -Installs regulatory street signs; and operates hand equipment necessary for road striping.
- Assists general maintenance mechanic with minor building repairs such as holding tools or lifting materials; and assists with the installation of interior and exterior lighting.
- Assists with the issuing of culvert permits.
- Performs office personnel duties during times of absence.
- Prepares purchase requests for supplies.
- Assists the Warehouse Clerk; assists with warehouse inventory; and issues tools and equipment.
- Cleans culverts, catch basins and drainage ditches.
- Assists with field surveys.
- Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED. Have 1 to 2 years of experience in general labor work with some experience in the operation of assigned equipment. Any equivalent combination of experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid Louisiana driver’s license.
- Considerable knowledge of gardening principles, procedures, and methods.
- Some knowledge of the standard methods, materials and equipment employed in basic landscaping and grounds maintenance operations.
- Some knowledge of the operation of equipment and tools used in ground maintenance and digging work.
- Some knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Some knowledge of arithmetic, spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Skilled in operating lawn mower, parish vehicle, lawn edger, hand sprayer, pruning sheers, street sweeper, and related equipment.
- Ability to operate power lawn mowers, and hand and power tools and equipment.
- Ability to understand and learn the occupational hazards and proper safety precautions to be taken in grounds maintenance work.
- Ability to perform strenuous work under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
TEMP TO PERM position.