Full-time $13.09 / hour
AM PM Staffing is hiring a Grass Cutter II for a client in St. Charles Parish. Under general supervision, performs semi-skilled work in the operation of light and/or medium weight grass cutting equipment, and related equipment used to perform various job sites in the Parish, for the Department of Public Works. Employee is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of light and/or medium grass cutting equipment, specifically a side-arm tractor and may be required to operate a bush hog. The work involves some moderate risks or discomforts and requires some physical exertion by the employee. Work is checked regularly for accuracy and adherence to instructions, regulations, and Parish policy. The employee is required to wash and/or clean all equipment used in the daily work routine and performs duties of a Laborer when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates light and/or medium weight grass cutting equipment, specifically a side-arm tractor.
- Adjusts equipment as needed for specialized operational needs.
- Provides routine maintenance to equipment; checks gas, oil, hydraulic fluids, and other lubricant levels; and/or sharpens blades as required.
- Reports mechanical difficulties to the appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Washes and/or steam cleans equipment used in daily work routine; assists in minor equipment maintenance; and performs minor repair work such as fixing flat tires on the tractor or related equipment.
- Operates light and/or medium weight grass cutting equipment that may include a bush hog.
- Assists in keeping work areas clean, swept, and in orderly condition.
- Performs duties of Laborer such as manual tasks that may include the following: removes trees, roots and stumps; cuts weeds by hand; trims trees; refuels vehicles/equipment; sets pipes; directs traffic while vehicle is stopped; sets up or removes safety cones; repairs sidewalks and driveways; mixes, pours, and spreads tar, asphalt, and cement; loads and unloads materials, supplies, equipment, and furniture from trucks, as required. Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED. Have one year experience in the operation of light and/or medium equipment. Any equivalent combination of experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid Louisiana Class “E” driver’s license. Considerable knowledge of particular characteristics, operating procedures, and maintenance of grass cutting equipment.
- General knowledge of the hazards and applicable safety rules and precautions in the operation of light and/or medium grass cutting equipment.
- Working knowledge of traffic laws, ordinances and regulations related to the operation of light and medium grass cutting equipment and of occupational hazards.
- Working knowledge of the geography of the Parish.
- Skilled in the use and operation of various light and/or medium grass cutting equipment.
- Ability to perform minor maintenance on light and/or medium grass cutting equipment.
- Ability to operate light and medium grass cutting equipment skillfully, safely, and in accordance with traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to clean and assist in minor repairs to light and medium grass cutting equipment.
- Ability to identify operating problems of assigned equipment.
- Ability to perform physical labor required of the position.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to exercise tact and courtesy in contacts with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by work assignments.
TEMP TO PERM position.