Full-time $12.25 / hour
AM PM Staffing is hiring a Grass Cutter I for our client in St. Charles Parish. Under general supervision, performs semi-skilled work in the operation of light and/or medium weight grass cutting equipment, and related equipment used to perform various job sites in the Parish, for the Department of Public Works. Employee is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of light and/or medium grass cutting equipment, and related tractor propelled equipment, specifically a bush hog. The work involves some moderate risks or discomforts and requires some physical exertion by the employee. Work is checked regularly for accuracy and adherence to instructions, regulations, and Parish policy. The employee is required to wash and/or clean all equipment used in the daily work routine and performs duties of a Laborer when required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates light and/or medium weight grass cutting equipment, specifically a bush hog.
- Adjusts equipment as needed for specialized operational needs. -Provides routine maintenance to equipment; checks gas, oil, hydraulic fluids, and other lubricant levels; and/or sharpens blades as required.
- Reports mechanical difficulties to the appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Washes and/or steam cleans equipment used in daily work routine; assists in minor equipment maintenance; and performs minor repair work such as fixing flat tires on the tractor or related equipment.
- Assists in keeping work areas clean, swept, and in orderly condition. -Performs duties of Laborer such as manual tasks that may include the following: removes trees, roots and stumps; cuts weeds by hand; trims trees; refuels vehicles; sets pipes; directs traffic while vehicle is stopped; sets up or removes safety cones; repairs sidewalks and driveways; mixes, pours, and spreads tar, asphalt, and cement; loads and unloads materials, supplies, equipment, and furniture from trucks, as required.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Have some experience in the operation of light and medium equipment. Any equivalent combination of experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must possess a valid Louisiana Class “E” driver’s license.
- Must be physically able to operate bushhogs, grass tractor, etc.
- Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
TEMP TO PERM position.