Full-time $18.70 / hour
AM PM Staffing is hiring an Equipment Operator III for a client in St.Charles Parish. Under general supervision, performs semi-skilled work in the operation of heavy and special equipment in the Public Works Department. Employee is responsible for the safe operation of a variety of medium and heavy automotive and mechanized equipment. Work involves driving or operating gasoline or diesel-powered motorized equipment such as an excavator or dragline crane in order to clean, replace and install culverts; may operate lighter and/or medium-sized equipment; performing Laborer duties as necessary; and participating in minor preventive maintenance on all equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates gasoline or diesel powered motorized equipment characterized as large or heavy, usually running on a track or rubber tire, such as an excavator or dragline crane, in order to clean, replace and install culverts.
- Operates less complex equipment as needed such as backhoe, road roller (diesel), or bulldozer with tracks.
- Operates medium-sized equipment engaged in difficult and skilled work such as operating a motorized road grader to cut a precise grade on a construction site.
- Adjusts equipment as needed for specialized operations.
- Reports mechanical difficulties to the appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Clears and digs drainage ditches; cuts roadways; grades levees, road surfaces, and shoulders.
- Rolls asphalt, shells, or other materials from heavy equipment; loads, unloads, and assists in placement of large vessels, containers, pipes, etc.
- Excavates, breaks, and moves concrete, rock, and other bulky materials.
- Assists with minor maintenance and related care of equipment, such as checking tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water; and performs necessary emergency repairs such as adjusting, repairing, or replacing hydraulic systems, tracks, fuel system, brakes, and clutches, etc.
- Monitors indicators, such as pressure gauges, ammeters etc., to ensure proper operation of equipment and/or to identify equipment problems.
- Performs duties of Laborer such as manual tasks that may include the following; removes tree roots, and stumps; cuts weeds by hand; fuels and refuels vehicles; sets pipes in ditches or culverts; sets up or removes safety cones; repairs sidewalks and driveways; loads and unloads trash, cover material, or equipment. Performs related work as required.
- High school diploma or GED. Have 3 to 5 years of experience in the operation of heavy motorized equipment; including some experience with the particular equipment to be operated. Any equivalent combination of experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must possess or obtain within the first six (6) months of hiring or promotion, a valid Louisiana Class A Commercial driver’s license with Air Brake and Tank.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machinery and equipment including gasoline and diesel equipment, loaders, bull dozers, dump trucks, long-arm grass tractor, etc.
- Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
TEMP TO PERM position.
Sorry! This job has expired.