Full-time $16.45 / hour
AMPM Staffing is hiring an Equipment Operator for our client in St. Charles Parish. Under general supervision, performs semi-skilled operation of light or medium weight trucks and related equipment used in the hauling and transfer of heavy equipment and other materials to and from various job sites in the Parish, for the Public Works Department. Employee is responsible for manipulating light to medium trucks over local roads with considerable skill and constant attention to safety of operation in order to prevent accidents. Work involves driving and operating dump trucks, trash trucks, open-bed trucks, bush hogs, side-arm tractors, or related grass cutting equipment; performing adjustments to equipment as needed; providing routine maintenance to vehicle or equipment; performing a variety of manual tasks such as removing trees, roots, and stumps; hauling large materials and washing and steam cleaning trucks and other vehicles. and performs duties of Laborer as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Adjusts equipment as needed for specialized operational loads.
- Hauls, unloads, and spreads materials such as shells, dirt, asphalt, and cement; hauls large materials such as heavy pipe or transport heavy equipment to the repair shop.
- Maintains records of mileage, fuel usage and number of loads hauled to the landfill; and prepares periodic reports for submission to the supervisor.
- Provides routine maintenance to vehicle or equipment; checks gas, oil, and other lubricant levels; and/or sharpens blades. -Reports mechanical difficulties to the appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Washes and steam cleans trucks and other vehicles used in the hauling and transfer of heavy equipment and materials; and assists in truck maintenance; performs minor repair work such as fixing flat tires on trucks.
- Assists in keeping work areas clean, swept, and in orderly condition.
- Performs duties of Laborer such as manual tasks that may include the following; removes trees, roots, and stumps; cuts weeds by hand; trims trees; refuels vehicles; sets pipes; directs traffic while vehicle is stopped; sets up or removes safety cones; repairs sidewalks and driveways; mixes, pours, and spreads tar, asphalt, and cement; loads and unloads materials, supplies, equipment, and furniture from trucks, as needed. Performs other related work as required.
- Performs other related work as required.
- -High school diploma or GED. Have some experience in the operation of light and medium weight trucks.
- -Must possess a valid Louisiana Class A Commercial driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement.
- -Must be physically able to operate light and medium weight trucks, bushhogs, grass tractor, etc.
- -Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 25 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
TEMP TO PERM position.