AM-PM Staffing Services is looking to hire a Animal Care Attendant/Custodian for a client in St.John Parish working with animals.
Full time position with alternative weekend shifts
Pay Rate: $13.00/hr
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists in the maintenance of kennel operations such as feeding and watering animals at the Animal Control Center, cleaning and disinfecting animal cages, disposing of refused materials, changing sawdust and other bedding materials, and washing walls and floors of animal rooms where necessary.
- Operates and maintain an animal control vehicle. utilizes a variety of animal control devices and equipment including leash, muzzle, traps, radio, and tranquilizing equipment.
- Processes animal remains (i.e. burying or operating an animal incinerator); transports animal to nearby veterinarian for humane destruction; performs loading, unloading and euthanizing of dogs and cats.
- Performs minor maintenance, yard work and repair work (including temporary repairs to cages) in and around the Animal Control Center office and kennels; cleans and dusts office area and empties trash cans.
- Greets and assists customers in person and over the phone and provides routine information about shelter operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is “Safety Sensitive” and is subject to random drug testing as per Parish ordinance(s) pertaining to substance abuse.
Experience preferred, training will be provided.
Sorry! This job has expired.